Native American Culture - The Medicine Wheel
There are many variations and interpretations of the Medicine Wheel. This article provides facts and information about the different elements and their meanings based on the beliefs of various tribes of Native American Indians.
The Medicine Wheel - Four Stages of Man
The Circle of Life, is often depicted in the Medicine Wheel. The circle and the four equal parts and colors of the medicine wheel represent the lifespan, or four stages of man:
- Birth is represented by the color red
- Growth is represented by the color yellow
- Maturity is represented by the color black
- Death is represented by the color white
The Medicine Wheel - Balanced Life
The colors of the Medicine Wheel also represent the four qualities of a balanced life:
- The Spiritual life (the Soul) is represented by the color red
- The Emotional life (the Heart) is represented by the color yellow
- The Physical life (the Body) is represented by the color black
- The Intellect (the Mind) is represented by the color white
The Medicine Wheel - Cardinal Directions & the four peoples of the Earth
The cardinal directions are represented in the Medicine Wheel
- The South is represented by the color red and associated with 'red skinned peoples'
- The East is represented by the color yellow and associated with 'yellow skinned peoples'
- The West is represented by the color black and associated with 'black-skinned peoples'
- The South is represented by the color white and associated with 'white skinned peoples'
Native American Culture - Medicine Wheel
- Medicine Wheel - Native American legends and myths for kids
- Culture and History of Native Indians
- Interesting facts and info about Medicine Wheel for kids and schools
- Information about Medicine Wheel
- Native American Culture - Medicine Wheel for kids
Medicine Wheel - Pictures and Videos of Native Americans
Medicine Wheel. Discover the vast selection of pictures which relate to the History and Culture of Native Americans. The pictures show the clothing, War Paint, weapons and decorations of various Native Indian tribes that can be used as a really useful educational history resource for kids and children of all ages. We have included pictures and videos to accompany the main topic of this section - Medicine Wheel. The videos enable fast access to the images, paintings and pictures together with information and many historical facts. All of the articles and pages can be accessed via the Native Indian Tribes Index - a great educational resource for kids.